Joakim Lartey is a drummer/percussionist, storyteller, educator and sound designer.
He was co-founder, lead singer and percussionist of Woodstock’s Futu Futu.
He is engaged in a lifelong exploration of recording technology and the fusion of traditional/ancient and contemporary musical forms
He has collaborated/played with Natalie Merchant, Jack DeJohnette, John Hall, Baba Olatunji among others…
His most recent collaborators include Chris Lane, Thomas Workman, Ted Orr, Blue Food
puppet-designer, Patrick Wadden, Dutchess Arts Council and Gabriel Dresdale.
Joakim is available for storytelling, drumming and rhythm workshops, school residencies, group dynamics facilitation and selected presentations on the music and culture of Ghana and the African Diaspora.
In the studio, he provides services from tracking to mastering and specializes in solo artists and small ensembles. His recent clients include Joe Lartey, Thomas Workman and Esther Pallares.
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 - Rail Trail Cafe, Rosedale, NY with Sonark Trio @ 5 PM
- Saturday, June 4, 2016 - Rail Trail Cafe, Rosedale, NY with Sonark Trio @ 5:30 PM
- Friday, June 24, 2016 - Rail Trail Cafe, Rosedale, NY with Sonark Trio
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Harmony, Woodstock NY with Blue Food @10 PM
- Saturday, July 30, 2016 - Rail Trail Cafe, Rosedale, NY with Sonark Trio @ 5 PM
- Sunday, August 14, 2016 - Rail Trail Cafe, Rosedale, NY - Joakim & Chris @ 5 PM
- Saturday, September 17, 2016 - Poetry Brothel in Rhinebeck (TBA)